Startups come in different forms and shapes. You can find a startup which is funded by investors believing in their ideas and plans. When funding is proper, the startups will have more freedom to choose the kind of people they want to the employee. They can hire people from big companies at the high package as they take the ownership of work.
On the contrary, there will be startups which are bootstrapped, self-funded but have a strong vision towards what they want to achieve.
In either case, the mindset of management works towards hiring people who are willing to join the passionate team and be part of the journey. When it comes to UX/UI Designers, below are some of the key things which startups look for.
- Strong in decision making and handling multiple tasks
- Be proactive and take up initiatives by moving out from the comfort zone
- Be a team player and leader too.
- Should be highly vocal in debating, discussing and taking ownership
- Should be involved in various activities like hiring, training, project planning and execution
- Should be working closely with management and be part of the vision
- Be clear with the management of expectations and remuneration to avoid surprises.
Startups of any sort, when it comes to hiring designers will always be particular in the kind of person who will join the team. This is more like a puzzle game where they need the exact block to fit in the game and according to that they define the job description.